While I was living in Idaho and dating Scott, I had this quote pinned up on my bulletin board,
"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and enflames the great."
I really and truly believe it. Scott and I spent a large part of the 3 years and 1o months we were together in a long distance relationship and yet we had a really strong relationship. People would tell me all the time that long distance relationships don't work, and I would just laugh and tell them our relationship is different. It is different. We have our own dynamic that is hard to explain. But I think a lot of it has to do with the deep rooted friendship we built it upon.
I am really missing Scott a lot these days because he is sporadically running routes. I get tired of not seeing him, but the one and only good thing about him being on routes is when we do get back together it is almost like we are dating again. Not that our relationship has ever been bad. We have a fantastic marriage. We are still madly in love with each other, but the feeling I have being with him this week has been awesome. I love to be with Scott more than anything else in this world. It is awful to spend time away from him, but if nothing else good comes from it, at least being away from him helps me remember how much I love and adore him. He is a great husband. The kind you dream of when you pick out the features you want in a man. I am lucky to have someone who puts my feelings first, and loves to spend time with me. He won't even go golfing without me if I am available. Which is really saying a lot. Being married is better than I ever imagined, and I know that is largely due to the man I chose to marry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment