I really enjoyed conference weekend this year. I slept in for a little while Saturday morning, always a good thing. In the afternoon, we headed out just for the sake of being out. A lot of times Scott and I will wander the mall to kill time and entertain ourselves. We really enjoy people watching and the mall is always good for that. After we had hit both malls, we went to RC Willey. If you are not aware, RC Willey can be a lot of fun with the right person. Going there with my best friend/hubby was fantastic! We started with looking at the kids furniture and found out that there were not a lot of salesmen around in that area. I think we spent a good two hours in the store just trying things out. We looked at some lay z boys, and tried out some massage chairs. I started out in the good massage chair and Scott had one that beats you up. It was pretty funny watching his reaction to it, but then we switched and it was not so funny anymore. Of course we didn't know exactly how to work them, so there may have been a chance the chair just had the wrong settings, but man, it was rough. We tried out some glider chairs (just for future reference, we actually do need one of those), and then tried out the tempurpedic beds. Scott can always feel me at night when I toss and turn, so we have thought about the tempurpedic and if they weren't so expensive, I am sure we would already have one. So Scott laid down on the bed and I bounced on it, you know, to test out if he could feel it. Apparently there were a few salesmen watching me do this. Had to have been a really interesting sight. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and it is always a joy to spend time with my husband and not spend a lot of money and really enjoy ourselves.
Sunday we watched conference and just spent the day laying around. Conference was really good. I really enjoy listening to our Prophet speak. He is so inspired and you can feel the spirit that he has even sitting in your living room at home. It amazes me at every conference how much it seems like a lot of the messages were prepared especially for me. The same thing with the General Relief Society Broadcast. I'm so glad I was able to see them and be blessed by the messages I received. One of the main messages I received this conference was that it is okay to be different and conservative. I don't have to act like things that are immoral are okay because main stream media makes it seem like it should be. I need to stick to my values and know that I should only participate in and partake of uplifting media and activities. It is not my place to judge the person, but I should not have to "accept" sin as commonplace or ordinary. What is wrong is wrong even main stream media does not portray it as such. I need to be more diligent in removing unworthy influences from my life. I need to pay more attention to what I am watching, reading and listening to, and make sure it is something that will not drive the spirit out of my life.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment