I get so frustrated around Thanksgiving every year because it seems to be a lost holiday. We are all excited to get off work and do some shopping, but the Christmas decorations go up earlier and earlier each year and we forget that Thanksgiving is an important holiday as well. I, as an American, am very blessed with so many wonderful things, and I think we forget all too often to be grateful for what we have and not worry about keeping up with the "Jones'". I was very impressed this year to see so many people posting what they are grateful for on Facebook. It was refreshing to see that we do remember to be thankful once in a while. I am not going to list my blessings, because it really would be an endless blog, but just wanted to express my sentiments that Thanksgiving should not be forgotten or overshadowed by getting ready for Christmas.
Anyway, for Thanksgiving this year, as we have every year, we went to Scott's parents house. We pretty much have the deal that we go there everything Thanksgiving since my parents go to my sister's in Idaho. I slept in Thanksgiving morning (I love sleep), and we made it down there around noon. We had been spending a lot of time with my family, so it was good to spend time with Scott's as well. We at lunch, I napped, and some of us watched the football games. That evening we went to Harry Potter again. I didn't enjoy it as much this time because I couldn't get comfortable, but the movie was still good. After the movie we went back to my in-law's and played Apples to Apples with Scott's parents and brother. It is always enjoyable to play games; especially after my bed-time when I get a little loopy.
Friday, we did the Black Friday shopping, but we didn't start super early, and we actually didn't get much shopping done. I didn't have a huge budget, and it didn't seem like any of us had the patience, so the actually purchasing of gifts was minimal. Nevertheless, it was fun to be out (well for me, I'm not sure Scott and his brother enjoyed it as much as my mother-in-law and I did). We had our traditional lunch at Brick Oven, hit a couple more stores and headed home for much needed nap. That night, I went to work with Scott. He had to load the trucks. It didn't take too long, and once my back got tired of sitting, I got up and struggled to help. It was laughable. As for Saturday, I don't really remember doing much. We had lunch at the new Texas Roadhouse, and visited my sister there. That was fun. We used a gift card we have had for a really long time. We also got some groceries and Scott helped me put up our Christmas tree. Mostly a relaxing weekend, and I really enjoyed it.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment