Anyway, Scott's birthday was the 24th and since it was his 30th I wanted to do something special. I decided to make him a golf cake with fondant and german chocolate cake. It went ok. The german chocolate cake didn't look to good, but family said it was good. The golf cake was only my second try with fondant, so it wasn't as good as I hoped, but it turned out decent. We invited people over for cake and ice cream and both sides of the family showed up. I took a half day off work in order to make the cakes in time for everyone to come over. I took Scott to dinner at Brick Oven too. I realized at dinner that I should have just taken a half day and we should have played golf or spent the afternoon together and that would have been a better birthday for Scott than having a little party. Live and learn I guess. Here are the cakes I made.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Birthdays
I swear I have not fallen off the planet, I have just been really busy at work, and there seems to always be something to do at home that wants to take up my time when I get home, or I am just tired and don't want to do ANYTHING. This year I think our birthday's were pretty mellow. Mine was on the 20th, and I went over to my parents and went out to dinner the day after, but didn't really do anything the day of. It was on Sunday, so what do you do? I did go out to lunch with some friends at work and Scott took me out to dinner a couple of days later and that was that. We agreed that money would be better spent on the baby so we didn't do presents. I don't really need anything for me anyway. My mom got me some great organization stuff for my pantry that I was super excited about. Isn't that lame?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment