December 3rd, my sweet husband decided to indulge me and take Taylor and I to the festival of trees. I have been wanting to go for the last couple of years since I haven't been in quite a while. I just couldn't believe how massive it was. In my opinion it has really gotten a lot bigger than it used to be, but maybe I am just not remembering clearly. There was so much to see, we didn't even try to see it all. We skipped most of the quilts and the wreaths. There were just so many trees.
I was sure that Taylor would love the trees and want to grab them all, but she really wasn't all that interested in them. She was happy as usual, but was more interested in people watching (kinda like her parents). We managed to forget the stroller, which I think was ok. We switched back and forth holding Taylor. And I saw so many people there holding there kids and pushing an empty stroller I felt like we were smarter not to bring it. Especially since the crowds were hard enough to navigate through without it.
There were some really creative trees. I am amazed at the talents and imaginations of people. We really enjoyed the golf tree and we are going to try to copy some of the ornaments. We have a golf tree already, but not as cute.
I also really liked the UP tree. I was not the biggest fan of the movie (purely because the kid needed some serious discipline), but the tree really was great.
After the festival of trees, Scott took us to his favorite hole in the wall diner in Midvale, and Taylor ate her dinner and had her bottle...
She cracks me up that she does was is most convenient for her.
Following dinner we headed up to temple square, but just drove around it instead of getting out because it was just too cold. It's ok that we didn't see the lights very well this year. But we did see an interesting sign by the carriages: "Overworking and depriving horses of their natural habitat is not romantic." Something along those lines. People are crazy.





No comments:
Post a Comment