Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Christmas Time

Well, there is no denying that Christmas season is well under way at this point. Life has gotten crazy busy. We finished our Christmas shopping for the most part by the 5th of this month. I had to, I get really stressed out otherwise. I am making a few things, and those aren't completely done yet, but I still have a little bit of time to work on them. This past Friday I put up our Christmas tree and the little bits of decorations I had. There are plenty o presents under the tree. Too bad they are not all for us!
Friday night was my work Christmas party, and it was joyous. It was at the Grand America. Here is our pic at the party. Scott just loves pictures... but isn't he a hottie? I think so.
Anywhoo, we did a white elephant gift exchange, so I ended up with a candle and a stand for it. Then the company gave us a night stay at the Zermatt Resort in Midway and $50 spending money for when we go. I am excited to use that. Not sure when yet. We always put money in to give the owners a gift as well. This year we gave them cash to use towards buying things for people in Africa who are in need where one of the owners is serving a mission. I thought that was a great idea. Put some Christmas money to good use.
Saturday we went down to Scott's parents in Nephi pretty much first thing to help them move furniture. They are putting an addition on their house and they are painting the front room the same color as the addition, so Scott helped move the furniture to the addition (I supervised). They took us to lunch, which is always nice, and then we drove home. In a snowstorm. That was lovely. Scott drove, because he is not nearly as terrified of the snow as I am. We had 2 semis try to run us off the road, but other than that we just went really slow and tried to stay away from the other cars. There were several accidents and slide offs on the way.
After the storm calmed down we ran some errands and then Scott's friend Brett came over with a date and we played games and watched movies, it was really fun. His date was awesome and I hope things work out for them. I really like her, and we are planning on going out with them again this weekend.
Wow, all that for just one weekend, and there is more. Scott's Christmas party was last night at the JSM. I am not sure why, but I got sick. I couldn't really eat the dinner, and I turned down desert. I felt really bad because they paid so much for it, but it was nice to visit with some of the people Scott works with. It was not a bad night overall. My sister came with one of Scott's friends/coworkers, so I had someone I knew really well besides Scott there, and I think that made it a little easier for me.
Tonight, I am going out with a couple of my friends for a little Christmas dinner and gift exchange, and then I am hosting the Christmas Bunco at my house tomorrow night. I still need to get the white elephant gift for that... Can't really decide. Then I think we have nothing planned on Friday (shocker at this point) and another date night Saturday. Then of course next week won't get any slower. But of course I like life like this. Lots of time with friends and family and enjoying the spirit of the season. We remember why we are doing it right? I think with how busy we get, we sometimes forget the reason for the season. I hope I can do better to remember.

1 comment:

Cali said...

You guys are cute!