Sunday, January 3, 2010

A lot to say

I haven't blogged in so long, I have so much to catch up on. I am constantly thinking I should blog about this or that, but I end up not having time or just not feeling like it when I have the time. Scott keeps asking when I am going to blog next... So let's see, I am going to try and catch up on what has been going on in our lives really quick:

  • Thanksgiving came and went, we spent time with Scott's family, saw a movie, and finished Christmas shopping that weekend.
  • A couple of weeks later, we went to the Christmas party my work put on. It as really fun, and the entertainment was really good, but I can't remember the guy's name that sang. They were super generous and our gift this year consisted of $300 worth of gift cards all over the place. I have probably have of it left.
  • Christmas was great. We spend Christmas Eve with my fam and Christmas morning and then we headed to my in-laws that afternoon. My favorite gift was a wireless printer that Scott got for me. I was super excited about it. It will be nice to have a printer/scanner/copier and be able to use it for school and business. I told someone the other day, it is a sign you are an adult when you favorite gifts are a printer and a waffle maker.
  • The day after Christmas I went shopping with Scott's mom and brother. I had a gift card to Macy's from my brother I needed to spend and I got a killer deal on a purse. It was originally $85 and I got it for $22. I have never had a purse actually made of leather before. I was super stoked with my awesome purchase.
  • The Sunday after Christmas Scott's brother and his family came in to town, and we hadn't seen them since we got married. Also, our only niece on Scott's sides was in town. I love her to death. She is just barely a teenager and a lot of fun. It was super nice to be able to spend time with them and get to know all of them a little bit better. We spent Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday with them.
  • Wednesday we went over to my parents because my sister and her fam were in town. We spend Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday with them. That was really fun as well. Friday Scott and I took the kids to Trafalga, and then later with my sisters took them bowling. It was a lot of fun.

We are super tired from going going going all the time, but we did have a lot of fun with our families. I really enjoy the holidays. And we have a lot of fun hanging out with our nieces and nephews. Today we finally got released from the nursery. We are really sad and frankly we didn't know what to do with ourselves. I am really going to miss those kids. It was super fun to and hang out with them every Sunday. I guess we will get over it. Well.... that is our life in a nutshell for the past month or so.

Oh yeah, and I got a sweet deal on some giant golf balls at Tai Pan Trading... then we found some giant tees on a web site called great big stuff or something like that. As soon as the ground isn't frozen anymore we are going to put them out in front of our house. They are sooo cool and I am way excited about them.

No comments: