Sunday, January 31, 2010

I love country music!

Yes, it's true and anyone who knows me knows this about me. I am a big country music fan. I can't help it. I don't know where it comes from, but I have been a fan since I was a kid. Probably because my parents listened to it at some point. They originally listened to "oldies" which I enjoy as well. Really I enjoy most types of music, except for the crap that screams at me. But, I really really enjoy country music. Judge me all you want. Tell me one of the things I have heard a million times about how country songs are all the same about how the guy's wife left, and she got the dog and the double wide. If you think that is country music, my friend, you haven't listened to very much of it and you have no idea what you are talking about.
My sister, Tia, who has been into much different kinds of music than me our entire lives, and I had a conversation about country music and how good it is in the middle of the night after we saw the New Moon premier (which by the way was way better than Twilight if I haven't mentioned that already). Anyway, Tia told me she had been listening to country recently and she was really enjoying it. She said she had forgotten how good it was. That a lot of the songs have really good messages. I have to say I agree. It uplifts me. Which if you know me very well, you will know, I pretty much only like entertainment that will uplift me. I don't like to watch depressing movies or anything. No matter how good the movie may be, if it is going to make me sad, I probably won't watch it.
Country music is one of the many things that I very much enjoy because it makes me happy. The songs are about things that are real. Sure, there are some silly songs in there, which actually make me happy, some I hate (pretty much anything by Taylor Swift, which is a whole other post), but for the most part, country music is about love, life, country and God. Which to me is great. The love songs aren't all about the physical portion of love, the songs about life remind me that trials are just part of it, the songs about my country remind me to be more patriotic and the songs about God remind me that I need to be a better witness of Him. Country reminds me of what really should be important in my life, and it's not money, things or how I look. It's about the person I am, the relationship I have with my husband and my family, and constantly evaluating how I can be better. That is why I love country music. Judge away.

No comments: