Monday, March 22, 2010

A fun family weekend

This weekend was a really fun one. It was pretty laid back and it was super nice to spend time with Scott considering we didn't get to spend much together last week. How do you live with someone and feel like you never see them? But anyway, that is not really the point now is it?
I went to work with Scott on Friday night, right after I got off work he had to go load the trucks in Nephi. It was interesting. I thought I would just sit around and be bored, but be with him which is always better than sitting around bored at home by myself. I helped him by dictating from he load sheets to him. Not sure if it really made anything faster, but it kept me occupied.
Since Scott worked late on Friday night, he didn't have to work on Saturday morning which is rare these days, so it was really exciting to spend an entire Saturday together. It was a lot of fun. We ran some errands together and got some lunch. Then we had some free time so we went to go look at the bike we have been thinking about getting me since we got his last year and I couldn't keep up on my old heavy bike. Well, I have been wanting it for a long time and I decided if it was gone the next time we went, I would be upset, so we purchased it. I love it!
It is definitely me. We went for a ride on Sunday and it was awesome. I actually had a better time riding than Scott did and I didn't feel like I was pumping twice as hard to go half the speed.
Anyway, we got it home and then we still had some time before we had to be anywhere else, so we finally got put some giant golf balls I bought back in December and put them up in our front yard. It turned out really cute and we are super happy with it. Scott likes to drive by the front of the house any time we go anywhere so he can look at it.
Saturday night we went to Malachi's birthday party at pirate island. The decor is really fun and all of the servers are dressed as pirates or pirates wenches. They did a good job with the place. It was a really fun atmosphere. I thought the salad bar was pretty good, it is not too huge, but it was good. The pizza wasn't the greatest, but I pretty much love all pizza. Scott didn't love it. But it was fun for kid's birthday party. It was a good time. I don't think I will ever do a party like that for a 4 year old. I am more of a save money and come over to my house for a party, but who knows, we aren't there yet. We got pretty into the party ;)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I ran past your house the other day and saw your cute little yard decorations. Love them!

If you ever need a bike riding buddy, give me a call!

PS- we got booted from the nursery calling. Now I know how you felt...it is kinda sad.