Monday, May 14, 2012

13 Months


Taylor is 13 months and still a crawler. I feel like she is behind and I am a little sad about it. Scott doesn't think it is a big deal. I know she is not behind and she is totally normal, but I just want her to be able to do it. She wants to walk around the house holding on to someone's hand and it makes it hard to get anything done. I know she will be harder to keep up with once she does walk, but she just looks so cute on her feet. Anyway, she is doing great and is staying very busy. She is pretty much always moving. She has started to enjoy swinging. She likes to go outside, but as soon as we head outside and she she will walk to the little playground for our townhomes (of course while holding your hand). She knows exactly where to go so she can swing.
She is a big fan of animals. Mostly dogs and cats since they are the only animals she has really seen. We need to take her to the farm some people in our ward have (ie the Springville Zoo), because they have a huge variety of animals including a wallaby. I bet she would love that.
Anyway, she is learning new words everyday. It is amazing to me how I say something to her a couple of times and she immediately tries to say them back to me. She still has the same 12 teeth and I can see her eye teeth through her gums, but they are not poking through yet.
She has started calling just about everything baby, but she also really loves her soft baby doll and small stuffed animals. She likes to hug them. She also likes to hug her morning bottle. It cracks me up.
Taylor loves books still. She has started to grab books and give them to you to read and then come sit on your lap. With Taylor any chance you can get her to sit on your lap, you take it because it doesn't happen very often.
Generally she is very happy and smily and likes to say hi to strangers. I can't get enough of her and it is very difficult to leave her a daycare every day. She went through a phase where she cried when I dropped her off and that was really hard on me. Hopefully that has past. She is such a blast to be around and the cutest little girl ever. Of course every mom thinks their kids are the cutest.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

She is a cutie. You guys need to come play with us sometime. My kids would love it!