The same friend of mine I mentioned just a couple of posts ago just had a tragedy in her family. Her sister in law Alice passed away just days after giving birth to her third child. A precious baby girl. My heart breaks for the people affected by this loss. I have cried several times. I can't imagine what Alice's husband must be feeling. What should be a very joyous time in his life has turned into a mix between the joy of new life and the sorrow over his loss.
Events like this remind me that life is precious and we shouldn't take it for granted. It is something that we too often forget. We should be giving our all to the people we love the most and showing them through our actions that we love them. Sometimes we get too caught up in the mundane things of life and we forget what is the most precious and important in our lives. I love my family more than words can describe and I know I need to be better at showing that. I need to worry less about me and more about them.
I am also very grateful for the plan of salvation. I am so lucky to know that I can be with my family forever. I know that death is not the end of life and because of our Savior we can live again and see our loved ones again. It is a blessing to know that in times like these, our Savior has been there and felt our pains. I pray that this family will feel His love at this time.
I expressed my condolences to my friend and told her to let me know what I can help her with. She asked me to help her get the flowers wholesale and get some supplies to arrange them. Of course I said yes and I am very grateful to be able to help. I am glad to have the opportunity to serve when I don't take those opportunities very often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment