Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Farewell to Summer

On the golf course last night I realized summer is really going to end and soon. It is getting dark earlier and staying dark longer. The temperature is cooling down just a bit (I said a bit for those of you who are still hot). Summer is coming to a close. It is so very sad. It seemed like it flew right by us without us even noticing. Sure we have done quite a few activities outside, but I still feel like I didn't fully enjoy summer like I should have. Every year when summer comes to a close I feel sadness and the impending doom of the winter months. At least we get to enjoy fall first! So this is my farewell to summer. I will miss the fireworks, I will miss the carnivals, the rodeos, demolition derbies, the golf, the laying out on the grass and reading a book. I will miss the warmth. Don't leave too soon summer. I will cherish every moment I have left with you until next year.

1 comment:

Cali said...

Aw. You just reminded me of all the reasons I love summer and I CAN'T BELIEVE it's over either!! :(