
Well, Christmas was a lot of fun, and was really, really busy for us. Where to begin... The entire week was pretty busy, but it got really busy starting Christmas Eve. We spent Christmas Eve down at Scott's parents and my parents, sister & nephew came down as well.
It was nice to be able to spend it with both families. Scott's parents addition is pretty much done except for the bathroom and laundry room, so there was plenty of space for everyone.

The guys put together a couple of buffet tables before dinner, and it cracked me up watching them put together the second one, because all four of them were gathered around it. Probably doesn't require four guys.

Malachi had a good time playing with Scott. He was just crawling all over him and laughing and having a grand old time. He really enjoys spending time with Scott. It always cracks me up.
Scott and I exchanged presents when we got home that night. He got me a laptop bag, a watch and the first four seasons of The Office. He is always sooo good at getting me gifts without me even really telling him what I want. I got him a Tiger Woods picture, a couple of nike golf shirts and some vintage golf balls and tees. It was fun. He did ask for 40 lbs dumb bells, and I failed to get those for him. I kept wondering what I should get, and completely skipped over the obvious thing...
Christmas morning we went up to my parents first thing to see Malachi open his gifts. He actually opened up only the cars that were in his stockings and didn't want to open anything else, he just wanted to go play. How cute that he is not old enough to be greedy on Christmas yet. We seriously had to make him open his presents. That is sweet.

I made my mom a gift this year. It was a picture of the temple my parents were married in, in a wide frame that I painted burgundy to match her living room. I also got some vinyl lettering and put,"Mills Family" across the top and "Established July 1, 1978" on the bottom.
She loved it. It started out as Scott's idea, getting a picture of the temple they were married in for them (they don't have one), and I kind of took the idea and ran with it. It was the best present I gave this year. Scott was really excited for her to open it too. Good times. The second best gift I gave this year was probably the Willow Tree figures I gave to my sister. It was for sisters and she was really excited about it. I like it when I give gifts that mean a lot to people. It is really fun to see the reaction.

We jetted down to Scott's parents after we opened presents and did the Christmas presents and dinner there. We played games that night. Scott and I bought Imaginiff, and we had a really good time playing with his brother and mom. It was so fun we played it over and over and before we knew it it was midnight and there was no way we were driving home, so stayed the night there.
The next morning we got up and just lounged around for a while, then we went home and got cleaned up and drove back down to help move their new furniture in. It was quite the afternoon. Running around doing errands, picking up furniture, moving it in, mounting their new tv on their bedroom wall. It was freezing and snowing outside, but it was very productive.
That night we headed back up to my parents house just after my sister came in from Rexburg. We had her family for Christmas this year, and it was fun to watch them open their gifts.

My nephew was the most excited about his gift, which was a hot wheels track and some cars to go with it. We didn't stay very long that night because Scott had to work the next morning, so we headed home around 9:30.
Saturday morning I must confess I didn't do much. I felt like we were moving moving moving all weekend long, but I actually checked email and looked for a truck on KSL on saturday morning while Scott was at work. He got home around noon and I had not even really moved off the bed in the guest bedroom where I was on the computer. We grabbed some lunch when we got home, then watched Ghost Town. It was pretty good. Scott wanted to get a nap in because for some reason he didn't get any sleep the night before, so we turned on the movie and laid down so he could get some rest.

After that we got cleaned up and headed back up to my parents house for Christmas dinner and games. My one niece Brittney all of a sudden took a liking to Scott and would not leave his side the rest of the evening. Not really sure how it happened. She just climbed on to his lap at one point and then partnered up with him for Imaginiff, and then took him everywhere she went. She wouldn't go up for dessert until I asked her if she wanted some if Scott went up too. It was pretty cute. My sister's kids have never really given him the time of day up until now.
Well, that was our weekend. It was crazy busy and we felt like we had little time to rest, but it was fun to spend a lot of time with family. I sometimes feel like I don't have very many close friends, but on weeks like these I realize it doesn't really matter. The family is the most important thing.
2 comments:
I'm impressed with your details. I am always so very vague in my descriptions that someday I wont remember what I did! Sounds like a fun Christmas
Wow! Sounds like you had an awesome holiday! Good for you getting to spend time with all of your family.. I want to go to lunch again someday.. LOL...
Post a Comment