Monday, February 9, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

Scott and I saw this movie over the weekend. I was a little surprised by the seriousness of some parts of the movie. It was sadly extremely realistic in the way men and women interact in the dating scene and things that happen in some marriages. Men and women are so very different in the way we communicate, and for some odd reason, things are sugar coated for women. Our friends will come up with excuses for why a guy didn't call because they don't want to tell you the truth that he probably doesn't like you. But then once you are married, women blame themselves for things that go wrong? Is that not unhealthy or what? No wonder men think women are hard to understand. I really enjoyed it for the most part. I think what it most made me realize is how grateful I am for the amazing man I married. He is a catch for sure. He is the kind of guy that right after we broke up(yes we did have one break up), was willing to drive with me up to Idaho so I could see my neice who was in the hospital after a car accident. He is not the type to sit and watch sports on TV when there is something important that needs to be taken care of, or while I am rushing around cleaning the house. He helps me out a lot. He really tries hard to see past my moodiness and ups and downs and really loves me for me. Curviness and all. I realize life is not going to be perfect and we will have our ups and downs, but wow, I am so happy to be out of the dating world of stupidity and in an eternal marriage with my best friend.

1 comment:

Ang said...

I really really hated that movie. I had hoped we "learned" something but then when everyone gets exactly what they want I think maybe not...Hollywood propaganda.