Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

Yup, I am a little late on this post, but here it goes. Scott actually bought me some new shoes the weekend before Valentine's Day, and told me it was for Valentine's Day, but he had already ordered something else to come. Friday night we went to Texas Roadhouse (my favorite restaurant) for dinner and waited 2 hrs to get seated. That part sucked, but our server was really good, and I very much enjoyed my dinner.
Saturday, we spent the morning hanging out at the house waiting for something for me to be delivered. I ended up leaving to go pick up flowers I was putting together for my mom from my dad and then came back and my delivery was still not there. Scott checked the status on it, and it said it was going to be delivered on Monday. So we decided to go out. We ended up at the Provo Mall and decided to see Taken. Really good Valentine's movie right? Haha. We enjoyed it very much.
We got back to the house and my delivery was there. It was purple roses (my favorite color). Poor Scott got screwed over again tho. He ordered them from FTD. Usually FTD will send orders out to florists. I got a lot of orders from FTD when I worked at Orem Floral. However, this time they decided to send the flowers in a box via UPS. It was supposed to come with a vase, and it didn't. I feel so bad that every time Scott tries to do something special it doesn't quite work out for him. Luckily, I had a little bit of extra greenery left over from my mom's arrangement and I made it work in a vase that is actually too big for the flowers. For some reason they were cut really short, which is weird since they are the long stem quality of flowers. Either way, Scott had a great idea and he is the greatest. I love him so much.*side note: in the picture it only shows 9 roses, the rest are on the other side, it is a two sided arrangement. Whats funny is there were like 16 roses. Odd.
So what did I do for him? Well, I stayed up late Friday night and after he went to sleep I hid notes all over the house saying why I love him. He has found around 30 of the 50. I also made him home made oreo cookies on Saturday night. It was a really nice Valentine's day. We kept it low key, since both of us actually are kind of against the holiday.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Thats really sweet--even if the flowers weren't what he ordered. Luke tried getting me flowers, but I wouldn't let him! I'm not big on the holiday either!