Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kenny Chesney Concert

Thursday night we went to the Kenny Chesney concert. Scott is not a huge fan of Kenny Chesney, but I convinced him to go because Miranda Lambert was opening for him. Miranda Lambert was super good. She is a ball of fire. Super feisty and full of energy. She is seriously a red neck chic. Scott and I talked about how we think she would be fun to hang out with because you would never know what would happen next. Kenny was good as well. He is so energetic, it is always a really good show. Scott, being not much of a concert goer, still doesn't get why the minute the guy walks out on stage everyone screams, but it was still really fun. There were a bunch of drunk people around us, but there were also a few different couples I learned some things from.
The first couple was directly in front of us. It was a guy with his maybe 12 year old daughter. Scott and I talked about them later and we got the same impression. This guy was a really good dad. He obviously did not want to be there, yet had purchased these tickets for his daughter who obviously loved Kenny. It was so sweet that he would sacrifice so clearly for his daughter. That was really cool to see. Good things.
The second couple was an upper middle aged couple. The guy was sitting down and she was up dancing like there was no reason not to. I loved that she was sure of herself enough to just dance away all by herself. I really hope I have that kind of spunk when I am that age.
The third couple was another middle aged couple who were so cute together. They were not the most attractive couple, but they were clearly in love, which is so great to witness. I watched him grab her butt at one point. Which usually annoys me, but they were just so endearing. He never took his hands off her all evening. Not in a bad way, just he had her hand on her back or around her shoulders. It was cute to watch them, they were so in love and didn't care who knew. So cute.
I have always been a people watcher, but this was a really interesting dynamic. There are just as many pleasant people and things as there are things for me to be annoyed about. How great!

No comments: