Tuesday, July 21, 2009

School

Last night I decided to work on both of my classes. Both are information systems classes, and both are basically independent study. I had a really tough time last night. I was really frustrated and throwing psycho fits and Scott was just trying to ignore it because he know he couldn't help. The frustration combined with my lack of money (I am having to budget every penny now), I was seriously wondering why in the world I was going back to school. Today we had our "coaching sessions" at work, and it was our theory day, my favorite of the weekly rotation. Some of the things that were said really helped me to remember why I am going back to school. One of the things is that one of the ways to better your position in life is education. The other quote that really hit me was this: "The greater the conflict, the greater the triumph." I am not even that far into school. I haven't started any of the hard business classes yet. I just had one bad day. I know it is going to get harder, but I realize now that if it wasn't hard, it wouldn't be an accomplishment. It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from a movie:"Of course it's hard, it's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard it was makes it great." Both of those quotes could apply to so many things, but right now the struggle is school, and well, I know that 5 or 6 year from now and feel the greatness and the triumph... Oh,and I really hope I can remember this post when I need it again, because I know I will have other days of frustration going to school. That is just part of the whole experience.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I can't even tell you how many times I cried through homework back in the day! Eventually it will all end and you'll be very proud of yourself!

Cali said...

Hang in there! It'll be so worth it! (people always say that to me)