Monday, January 24, 2011

Is pink the ONLY girl color?

Last Wednesday I dragged by mom to Target to help me register for baby gifts. While I should have been super excited and enjoyed the experience, it really stressed me out, and I was annoyed. Stressed because I realized how much we still need/want for baby. Annoyed because I have never been a big fan of pink. Of course we are going to put our little girl in pink, but seriously it seems to be all that is out there for a baby girl. Why? It seems to me we could add some purple or red in there and be fine right? Who made the decision that the only color available should be pink? I am fine with SOME pink, but ALL pink? That will get old quick... The nursery is going to be a deep red and tan. The crib set I got is really pretty and feminine yet not pink. It can be done people!

1 comment:

Allison said...

You sound just like Kyle. We have been graciously gifted a vast wardrobe for little baby Larson and I must say, all but maybe three things are pink!! Luckily for him I was nice enough to make the nursery white and sage green with hints of pink.

Hope you are feeling well!! you are getting close!!