Saturday, May 28, 2011

My awesome life

Right now my life is pretty great. I spend all day with an adorable little one and I have an amazing husband. There are a few things that I would change of course. Scott has spent way too much of his time during my maternity leave working his hind end off. He was working too hard because he was short people. This weekend it is because of the holiday. Luckily I live close to family, so I was able to spend some time with them while he was away. At first being a mom was really hard and I wasn't sure what in the world I got myself into. Now that Taylor is sleeping a little bit better and doesn't have to be held as much, I am feeling much better. I am starting to get things around the house done and I feel productive for the day. It is still the hardest job I have ever had, but those smiles from Taylor, and the support of my awesome hubby make it worth it. Scott bought me these awesome flowers on Thursday. 
Just because he loves me. I almost cried. It made me feel so good to have a husband who appreciates what I do and still makes sure I feel special and important. (Notice it is a golf bag. I thought that was pretty cool too.) He also was sweet enough to get me a gift card to a spa so I can have some me time for mother's day. That will be a welcom treat when I use it. I am constantly amazed that my love for my husband can still continue to grow. He is such a wonderful man and I am so lucky to have him in my life. Watching him interact with Taylor warms my heart and I savor those moments when it is clear how much he loves his little girl. I couldn't ask for a better family.
I am so grateful that we had Aflac so I could get disability pay so I could stay home for the entire 12 weeks of maternity leave. We would have never survived otherwise. I am also glad we have it to help pay for hospital bills. Altogether with disability and the amounts we received from aflac, we got about 7 times back what we put into the plan. We will keep it for our next child as well.
I am very sad that I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks. I can't stand the idea of being away from Taylor for 10 hours a day. I once again grateful for my mom who will be watching her for the first couple of months. She only lives 10 minutes from work, so at least I can go see Taylor on lunch breaks and not have to instantly be away from her all the time. I know I am a boring mommy blogger right now. I can't help it. Not a lot going going on besides spending time with Taylor.

No comments: