We have started a little tradition of going to the demolition derby in Nephi every year. This year was a little bit crazy. Right after the first heat, a big storm came in. The wind was blowing so hard there was dust everywhere and there was no way we would have seen the cars running into each other if they had been going. Then they called announced that the Fire Marshall had declared an emergency and because of the lightning we all needed to get out of the bleachers for at least 1/2 hour. So we all went and sat in our cars for a while. The storm sort of past and we all went back out. I think some people left, and it was chilly, but this derby was awesome. This was the first time Scott or I had seen a car get completely flipped over, and it happened TWICE! I had forgotten my camera, but my sister took this pic on her phone:
This was the second time. The car on bottom actually had a fire and that is why the firetruck is there. We left right after the grudge match because it was getting late and we needed to get Taylor home. She was sleeping soundly at her grandparents house. I was soooo glad we didn't take her to the derby to be out in the crazy weather. We had a good time overall I think. When the wind wasn't blowing and it wasn't rainy, it wasn't too bad.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment