Sunday, October 19, 2008
Nursery
Scott and I got called to the nursery in our new ward about a month ago. They split the nursery for the fourth time in our humongous ward of mostly young families. I wasn't sure how I felt about it for the first little bit, and I have to admit I am still getting used to it. I am the youngest in my family and never really babysat much. Even when I did, I just wanted the kids to go to bed so I could watch TV by myself. Scott on the other hand is really good with kids and they just seem to naturally like him. I always feel awkward trying to play with them and stuff. So needless to say, it has been an interesting few weeks. We do have another couple in there with us, which we probably would have died without, but they asked me to do the lesson this week. I don't even think all wards try to accomplish a lesson. I studied the manual and the supplement and I made handouts and everything. Well all that prep work and only 4 of the 12 active kids where there today because of fall break and they only have an attention span of 30 seconds. Nice. I have to say I am feeling a little more dedicated to the calling, but it is going to be a tough one for me for sure. I know so many girls who would love to be in this calling and think it is easy, but for me it just isn't. I admire those who are naturally good with children. I don't know if this calling will convince me I am ready to have kids or get the feeling I have now which is I am so not ready. I guess only time will tell! Good thing I have Scott in there with me or I am pretty sure I would have a really hard time handling it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
At least you have Scott! I don't even have Luke and wish I did! But I hear ya--it took many prayers of asking for help to truly accept the calling and do it before I gave up the desire to go back and turn it down. Now its not so bad, only a kid peed his pants yesterday--that kinda sucked.
I know how you feel! For me, it gave me the "I'm so not ready" feeling. ha ha. Good luck though I'm sure you'll do great!
Post a Comment