Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Good Quote

I signed up a while back to get "success quotes" in my email every day. I have a couple of them posted up around my cubicle to help me remember them. Today I received this:
"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."
Earl Nightingale1921-1989
Radio Announcer, Author and Speaker
I don't really know who that guy is, but I thought that was a very good thought for today. I was actually upset about a couple of random things when I got to work this morning, and it really helped remind me I am in control of my own happiness. I have learned in the short amount of time I have lived that if I am not happy in the life I am leading now, I am never going to be happy. There will always be something to complain about, or something to make me miserable IF I LET IT. But, there will also always be something to be grateful for. If I focus on the positive and be grateful and happy, I won't have to say,"I'll be happy when..." This quote is definitely one for me to remember and live by. Life is what you make it. I can't change what others do or some circumstances in my life, what I can do is change my attitude about it and improve myself.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Wow, so we both started off the day terribly...at least you didn't get to witness my crying meltdown--oh yeah, Cali got to be there for that one. Glad you found a good "pick me up". Hope things are better for you.