Friday, April 10, 2009

Scotty Cameron

Scott really likes Scotty Cameron putters, and putter head covers, which are collectibles. They are pretty much the top putters out there, but I think it might have a little to do with the name too. Anyway, Scott bought one of Scott Cameron's collectible limited release putters called the Teryllium Tel3. He bought it used on Ebay. It sat around our house for a few months, then for his birthday I decided to get it refinished for him. I didn't end up paying for it because Scott wanted to go the more expensive route and send it in to Scotty Cameron to get it refinished instead. And I have to tell you, we are sure glad we did. It looks so amazing. I was shocked when we got it back in the mail on Tuesday and we opened it up. I would never have known it was all beat up. It has nicks in it, the color was faded and had discoloration in parts. But now it looks like a brand new putter. They did such a good job with it. Plus, they re-gripped it, made sure the specs were right, and sent a new head cover and oil rag with it. Here are a few pictures:And here are a few pictures of Scott's entire collection: This is the head cover I bought him (it's the best one):
Isn't the box cool? That is the box they sent the putter back in. Scott wants to leave the putter in the box now and display it. That is how good this thing looks. Too bad we really don't have anywhere to display it.

*Disclaimer: I tried to get Scott to write this post because, well, it's actually his stuff and he knows a lot more about it. Please forgive my ignorance on the subject!

No comments: