Monday, September 22, 2008

New Doctor

So I guess I am going to have a couple of posts today. It has been a while since I had much of anything to say! For those of you who don't know, I have had a few health issues that have started within the past couple of years. The most major being that I can't handle going without food for longer than three hours without feeling like I am going to pass out. I start sweating, shaking and seeing black spots. Its really enjoyable. When Scott and I went to the Utah Golf Championship, I had to eat an entire pack of starbursts and a package of almonds at two different times to feel ok because we didn't eat lunch out there.
So anyway, I have gone to 3 different doctors and they all said my blood work was normal. Sweet, so its just something I have to deal with right? No. I finally got a recommendation for a good doctor that will actually work with you to fix your health problems rather than just treating the blood work. It took me 2 1/2 months to get in to see him, but I am so glad I waited. I had a couple of other issues to discuss with him, and basically everything I have ever complained about, including acne (which I didn't even bring up) is related to my condition. I have a insulin imbalance where my body produces too much rather than too little. The reason why I almost pass out without food is because the excess insulin causes my blood sugar to be high for a little while and then completely drop off and I feel awful and have to eat. Crazy huh? It also is the reason why I can't lose weight (not a lot of people my weight run marathons). I am so glad that a doctor finally figured out what is wrong and wants to fix it! Not only that, but he monitors his patients on a regular basis to make sure the drugs are working as they should and will switch you off drugs and on to supplements as soon as he can. Awesome huh? He doesn't just try to give you drugs and think that is going to fix it. He actually wants to make it so you don't need the drugs. No wonder he takes so long to get in to see. He is a one of a kind doctor!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

thats kinda scary..but glad you found out..