Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight Movie

Ok, so some people may hate me for this post, but I am entitled to my own opinion. The Twilight movie was a HUGE disappointment. I went to the movie planning on being disappointed just so I might be pleasantly surprised. I hate when they turn books into movies and change the story line. It really bothers me. This movie jumped around a lot, took out details, and added in really retarded cheesy details. I realize they couldn't follow the book exactly because the book is long, but if you are going to cut content out because of length don't add in random cheesy crap that isn't in the book to begin with. The story line was chopped up and randomly placed, and I just felt like it could have been so much better had it followed the actual story and not replaced things or put them in the wrong order. There was a lot of missing character development and details from the book, and I didn't understand why they didn't do that rather than adding in scenes that were not a part of the story. It just got frustrating. And, unfortunately the a lot of the acting was very poor. The main characters were good, and actually most of the high school kids were really good, but the rest of the Cullen family wasn't very good, and the Quilettes weren't good either. I have heard quite a few people say the really liked it, but to me I expected it to be bad and it was worse. I probably will see it again, and maybe it will grow on me as time goes. There were a lot of people in the theater that were laughing and going ooooh at the cheesy parts and that kind of made it harder to like it as well. Maybe some of you are thinking I am being to hard on it, because they change story lines when they turn books into movies, but they didn't much with Harry Potter and look how well it has done. Harry Potter they cut out content, but didn't replace it with new stuff. The only changes they made were possibly in dialog, who said what. It can be done and Twilight had such huge potential.

2 comments:

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

I could not agree more!! I have a love/hate relationship with this movie! The story line was choppy, and they added in crappy stuff. They did not build up Bella and Edward's relationship. It was a HUGE disappointment! The second half was easier for me to like.. but the first part SUCKED!

Amy Daniel said...

That's good to know. I have been debating on whether to spend the normal movie price (Ryan and I usually wait til it gets to the cheap place). Everyone I talk to has said that the movie was sooo good, but I have a hard time believing that. This movie had the potential to be really crappy, and it looks like it was. I will proably see it, but I can wait. I loved the books, but I agree when they make it a movie sometimes they ruin it. Plus, I feel like I am the only one that is not too impressed by who they chose for Edward.