Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Rest of Vacation

Well, the west of our vacation was pretty fun. We golfed Thursday and the course was super pretty, but I haven't had a chance to download the pictures and I don't have my cord at work, so that is that. We went back to the hotel after golf and took a nap and then went over to my brother's that night and had dinner, played with the kids on the trampoline, and roasted marshmallows. I think one of my favorite parts of the trip was spending time with our niece and nephew. They are some really funny kids. Anyway, Friday, we didn't do a whole lot. Kind of just drove around Portland and had lunch at Hooter's (Scott's choice), then we went back over to my brothers and ended up playing rock band for a little bit. Scott and I sucked really bad considering we had never played before. We flew home that night after an hour delay and didn't get home till about midnight. And it seems like we have been super busy ever since. We had saved a portion of our tax return for our vacation and we managed to have about half of it still left when we got home. Plus we got a check in the mail from our mortgage company because we had overpaid our escrow accounts in our first year. So... we went and got much needed new tires on our truck and went to Lowe's and bought some things for our bedroom and a grill. That night I painted our room and seriously didn't get done until midnight. Scott decided to break in our grill and cooked steaks for dinner. I can't even tell you when the last time I had a steak was. They were SUPER tasty. He did a good job. Sunday of course was church and stuff, and sadly we had to put our bedroom back together that night. But I like the color. I still need some pictures that match the decor and stuff to be done with my room, but it is a little bit closer. It's really hard to come back from vacation and get back into the swing of things. We golfed Monday night and I had class last night. Tonight we are probably going back over to the driving range. Good times.
I know this is sort of off topic, but I learned something while we were up in Washington/Oregon. Vancouver is no longer my home town. I think I am officially a Utahn. I lived in Washington 13 years and Utah 12, but I realized that everything is different than it was when I was a kid and I seriously felt like a tourist. Both of the houses I lived in up there were completely different. My elementary school had a stop light and a turning lane in front of it (used to be a two lane road). My junior high wasn't even there. It was remodeled and is basically a brand new school. I didn't feel at home. It was actually kind of sad. It was still just a beautiful as ever, but that was the only part I was familiar with. Vancouver is now the place I spent the first half of my life, and I am anticipating that I will spend a much larger portion of my life in Utah... oh well, life changes and we move on, I guess it's time to start saying I am from Utah.

No comments: